Youve heard us talk about it, and its still bumpy in parts, but were eager to hear your feedback as you tinker around with Express in version 8 of concrete5.
Some more details to go with the quick video above:
- When you make a form block in version 8, its actually creating an Express object for you behind the scenes. You still get at its data from Dashboard > Reports.
- To make more objects, goto Dashboard > Settings > Express Data Types
- Objects are a collection of attributes (just like you might have at the page level.) They also can have Associations - which will be familiar if youve ever done anything with relational databases. Any custom attribute that you can install into concrete5 is available for use with Express.
- The Express List and and Express Details blocks make it easy to embed a searchable, sortable list of Express entities and/or detail information into your front-end pages.
- A default form is made for every new object, but youll have to build out some attributes into it before it makes any sense.
- Express object entries are stored in Express folders, which can permissions attached to them; its easy to control who can view, add, edit or delete express entries on a per-object basis.
- Developers can create custom dashboard pages that extend the built-in Express dashboard pages, creating custom CRUD interfaces for their Express objects with just a few lines of code.