Standard Hosting SLA
PortlandLabs, Inc. provides web hosting services to subscribers around the world. The following terms of service are designed to provide the highest level of service available.
All services provided by PortlandLabs, Inc. are to be used for lawful purposes only. Transmission, storage, or presentation of any information, data or material in violation of any United States Federal, State or Local law is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, material we judge to be threatening or obscene, material that jeopardizes national security, or material protected by trade secret or other laws. The subscriber agrees to indemnify and hold harmless PortlandLabs, Inc., from any claims resulting from the subscriber's use of PortlandLabs's services which damages the subscriber or any other party.
Note: Pornography and sex related merchandising are prohibited on any PortlandLabs, Inc. account. This includes sites that may imply sexual content, or link to adult content elsewhere. This is also true for sites that promote any illegal activity or content that may be damaging to PortlandLabs servers or any other server on the Internet. Links to such materials are also prohibited.
Examples of prohibited content or links include (but are not limited to):
- IRC Software
- Pirated software
- Hacking sites, programs or archives
- Warez Sites
- Distribution of music files or any other material in which the account holder does not own the copyright.
- Adult Sites
- Game Servers (dedicated game server programs)
PortlandLabs, Inc. will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision. Content that does not meet these standards will be removed without prior notice to the subscriber.
Housing of any of the following files is considered a violation of the terms of service:
IRC - We currently do not allow IRC, Egg Drops, BNC, or IRC bots to be operated on our servers or network. Files with references to IRC or any likeness thereof are prohibited. Also any program that acts like an IRC server or that provide chat functions that run as background processes are not allowed.
Proxies - We do not allow proxy servers of any kind, whether for personal or business use. Files with references to any proxy or likeness thereof are prohibited.
PortScanning - We do not allow any kind of portscanning to be done on or from our servers or network.
Commercial Advertising - Email -
- Spamming, i.e. the sending of unsolicited email, from any PortlandLabs server or any server located on the PortlandLabs network is STRICTLY prohibited. PortlandLabs will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision. This also includes Optin Optout mail programs and mail that either directly or indirectly references a domain contained within an account at PortlandLabs.
- Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by PortlandLabs customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing or selling lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to or from any PortlandLabs hosted domain, or referencing any PortlandLabs account, is prohibited.
- Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks is prohibited.
- Email address cultivating, or any unauthorized collecting of email addresses without prior notification of the email address owner is strictly prohibited.
- Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org is prohibited.
ShoutCast Servers - We do not allow Shoutcast Servers due to bandwidth and load issues.
Background Running Programs - We ask that users request permission before enabling persistent background processes of substantial load.
PHP Shell - PHP Shells or any likeness thereof are prohibited. Files with any reference to PHP Shells or likeness thereof are prohibited.
Server Abuse - Any attempts to undermine or cause harm to a PortlandLabs server or subscriber of PortlandLabs is strictly prohibited including, but not limited to:
- Logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access
- Accessing data or taking any action to obtain services not intended for you or your use
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of any system, subsystem or network
- Tampering, hacking, modifying, or otherwise corrupting or breaching security or authentication measures without proper authorization
- Transmitting material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines or engines with the intent or effect of damaging, destroying, disrupting or otherwise impairing a computer's functionality or the operation of the System
- Interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any system, data or information
- Interfering with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, by means of overloading, "flooding," "mailbombing," or "crashing" any computer system
You will be held responsible for all actions performed by your account whether it be done by you or by others.
All sub-networks of PortlandLabs, Inc. must adhere to the above policies.
Scheduled Maintenance and Downtime
PortlandLabs will use its commercially reasonably efforts to provide services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Subscriber acknowledges that from time to time the services may be inaccessible or inoperable for various reasons, including periodic maintenance procedures or upgrades ("Scheduled Downtime"); or service malfunctions, and causes beyond PortlandLabs's control or which are not reasonably foreseeable by PortlandLabs, including the interruption or failure of telecommunications or digital transmission links, hostile network attacks, or network congestion or other failures. PortlandLabs will try to provide at least 48 hours advance notice to the subscriber for Scheduled Downtimes, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to minimize any other disruption, inaccessibility and/or inoperability of its web servers. PortlandLabs has no responsibility for downtime resulting from a user's actions
Notice of cancellation must be given before the month in question begins. Setup fee is NON refundable.
Any violation of PortlandLabs, Inc.'s Terms of Service Agreement shall result in no refund.
Limitations on Use
Any account using 15% or more of the server CPU or memory can be suspended and/or terminated.
Any account that uses excessive amounts of bandwidth can and will be subjected to bandwidth throttling.
Background Processes. Unauthorized background processes shall result in immediate termination of the account.
PortlandLabs maintains the right to cancel any account at its discretion.
Account Setup, Termination, and Billing
The account will be charged on the day the order is processed, regardless of the account billing date. The account will not be charged again until the next month's billing cycle.
Disabling of accounts due to overdue payment: Accounts will be disabled if payment is not received within 14 days of the invoice date. If your account has been disabled, you may be charged a reconnection fee of up to $50 in order to re-enable your account.
Termination of accounts due to overdue payment: If the account is not paid within 30 days of the invoice date, the account will be terminated and all information within the account will be deleted.
Cancellation Procedure: Valid proof of account ownership will be required to terminate an account. This includes, but is not limited to, billing information in the form of a partial credit card number or other payment information, or the billing password. Non-secure information, such as the contact email address or account billing address, is not sufficient as a security verification.
Parked Domain Names: There is a one-time fee for parking additional domain names. This fee is nonrefundable.
Domain Name Transfers: PortlandLabs shall not be held responsible for domain transfers. The account holder is responsible for completing any necessary domain name transfers.
Courtesy Services for Customers
All services such as backup and Cpanel are provided for the courtesy of the subscriber. It is the sole responsibility of the subscriber to maintain the subscriber's own backup of any data. PortlandLabs, Inc. is not responsible for lost data or for lost data due to third party software that is not maintained by PortlandLabs, Inc. programming staff.
Limitation of Damages
Recovery of damages from PortlandLabs may not exceed the amount of fees it has collected on the account.
PortlandLabs makes no guarantees on uptime availability under this agreement.
Terms Of Service are subject to change without any prior notification.
These Terms of Service are a legally binding contract between the subscriber and PortlandLabs, Inc.
By opening an account, the subscriber agrees to the above-stated terms.
Anything not listed in the Terms of Service is open to interpretation and change by PortlandLabs, Inc. administrators without prior notice.
All prices, with the exception of the 30-day money back guarantee, are nonrefundable and nonnegotiable.
Any violation of these Terms of Service will result in termination of the account. PortlandLabs, Inc. maintains the right to terminate accounts without prior notification.
We reserve the right to remove any account with 15 days prior notice.
In the event suit or action is instituted by either party against the other, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover from the losing party the prevailing party is costs and reasonable attorney feeds, including all such costs and fees in any appellate proceeding relating thereto, which amounts shall be determined by the court before which the matter is tried, heard or decided.
This agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Oregon. If any provisions of this Agreement are found or deemed by a court of law of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, they shall be considered severable from the remainder of this Agreement and shall not cause the remainder of this Agreement to be invalid or unenforceable.